Saturday 26 October 2013

You know you're a Geologist when...

Mid Atlantic Ridge
The Mid Atlantic Ridge (see above) is a spreading centre that separates the Eurasian Plate from the North American Plate, and the African Plate from the South American Plate. The ridge itself runs roughly north-south, and is cut by roughly east-west faults.
Today, whilst walking through town, I saw a little girl with her hair in pigtails on either side of her head, and the parting between each pigtail reminded me of the Mid Atlantic Ridge! I think geology has officially taken over my mind!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure it's wise to be publicly admitting to comparing people's hairstyles to geological formations :-D I wonder what the little girl would think if she knew her parting looked like the Mid Atlantic Ridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly not, people may think I'm crazy! She probably wouldn't appreciate it that much! ;-)

    ReplyDelete